A turnkey solution for developing and maintaining a wind farm—from material handling to construction to long-term MRO
Many businesses, communities, and local governments are developing wind farms to reduce their dependence on fossil fuels. This requires a commitment of time and resources to develop the necessary skills. However, such a commitment may not be feasible, especially when controlling overhead is vital to the long-term viability of a wind project.
Wind Project Development from Wave Wind
Wave Wind provides a turnkey solution for developing, constructing, and maintaining a wind farm. This includes material handling, wind turbine construction, and wind turbine maintenance.
Specific services include:
- Transportation. Wave Wind transports wind turbine components from either their point of origin or port of entry to the exact location on the project site where they will be assembled or stored. This involves the safe handling of components, which are often loaded and offloaded several times during transport to take advantage of the most efficient combination of rail and road options. It also involves identifying and securing the necessary permits to meet various federal, state, and local requirements.
- Storage. Wave Wind stores and distributes wind turbine components to ensure they are available when needed. All components are stored in secure storage centers owned and operated exclusively by Wave Wind and located near strategic rail transportation avenues for timely distribution.
- Logistical Support. Wave Wind provides logistical support to ensure timely pickup and sequential delivery of wind turbine components in accordance with project scheduling. This involves the tracking of all components and identifying the most efficient route from point of origin or entry to project site.
- Feasibility Analysis. Wave Wind determines the feasibility of constructing a wind farm at a qualified site. We analyze the ease of access for construction and maintenance crews and for equipment at each wind turbine location.
- Heavy Crane Rental. Wave Wind provides safe, cost-effective access to the industrial cranes required to construct wind turbines. Our rental service includes crane delivery, assembly, maintenance, operation, disassembly, and removal.
- Turbine Construction. Wave Wind installs the wind turbines at specified, prepared locations on the project site in accordance with manufacturer specifications. We do this properly and safely, as recommended by the manufacturer, so that each turbine can withstand the elements and deliver maximum uptime.
- Preventive Maintenance. Wave Wind performs preventive maintenance tasks necessary to maximize wind turbine operational efficiency and uptime.
- Predictive Maintenance. Wave Wind performs wind turbine inspections designed to identify and prevent problems before they occur.
- Repair. Wave Wind repairs wind blades, generators, gear boxes, and other key wind turbine components.
- Large Corrective. Wave Wind performs large corrective repairs on wind turbines, which may include the replacement or retrofitting of all key wind turbine components.
Wave Wind is a focused, experienced service provider for the wind energy industry. Customers that choose Wave Wind enjoy immediate access to our expertise for the successful development and long-term maintenance of their wind project.